- The Department of Medicine seeks to deliver healthcare through a Patient Centered Medical Home model to improve the health outcomes of those served and to be the patient’s provider of choice. The clinic’s focus is to provide comprehensive healthcare, prevention and health maintenance to achieve optimal healthcare outcomes. It is comprised of a wide range of specialty services which include:
- Primary Care Medicine / UMDCare: Primary Care / Internal Medicine provides comprehensive medical care to our patients with an emphasis on prevention, acute care, and coordination of care to achieve optimal health objectives and chronic disease management. Medical management of major diseases such as Diabetes and Hypertension are provided.
- Medical Sub-specialties (MSS): includes the specialists in Cardiology, Dermatology, Diabetes, Endocrine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Nephrology, Pulmonary and Rheumatology.
- CARDIOLOGY is a specialty that diagnoses and treats a wide range of diseases of the heart and cardiovascular system. We also offer subspecialty services in our Congestive Heart Failure and Electrophysiology clinics.
- DERMATOLOGY specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders such as skin cancer, alopecia, dermatitis, eczema, acne, psoriasis and nail infections.
- DIABETES: this clinic is staffed with Endocrinologists who manage patients with complicated cases of Diabetes type I and type II. A range of services such as nutritional consults, diabetes support groups and Diabetes education are also offered.
- ENDOCRINOLOGY manages diseases of the endocrine system, including thyroid dysfunction, infertility and other hormonal imbalances.
- GASTROENTEROLOGY focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders including diseases of the stomach, intestines, pancreas and gallbladder.
- HEPATOLOGY offers a full range of treatment for diseases of the liver, including hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver transplant.
- NEPHROLOGY diagnoses and treats chronic kidney disease as well as severe hypertension and electrolyte imbalances.
- PULMONARY diagnoses and treats diseases of the respiratory tract, for example asthma and COPD. Our clinic also offers state of the art lung cancer screening with Low Dose Chest CT Scans.
- RHEUMATOLOGY diagnoses and manages arthritis, autoimmune diseases such as lupus, vasculitis and connective tissue disorders.
- Cardiac Heart Failure Program
The Healthy Heart program is comprised of a multidisciplinary team whose focus is to improve the health of patients diagnosed with Heart Failure. This team is designed to function as a specialty Medical Home. The team consists of a Cardiologist, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Program Administrator, Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Care Coordinators, Health Educator, Registered Dietitian, Patient Navigator, Social Worker, Ambulatory Care Technicians, Mental Health Clinicians, Cardiac Rehab Physiologist, and Palliative Care Specialist that support the patient and provider(s) in achieving the health goals of the patient. Learn more about the Healthy Heart Program.
- Adolescents/High Risk Neonatal
Comprehensive medical services are provided to adolescents and young adults from ages 12-21 in the Adolescent clinic. Developmental evaluation and assessments are provided to babies in the High Risk Neonatal clinic.
- Infectious Disease
This program specializes in the care of patients with HIV, tropical diseases and travelers’ health; provides quality care to the nearby communities and attends to complicated cases from surrounding counties. Services provided are multidisciplinary and include on-site Gynecology, Hepatology, Neurology, nutritional counseling, and mental health/substance abuse counseling.
- Lattimore Clinic – Global Tuberculosis Institute (GTBI)
GTBI was established in 1993 as NJMS Model Tuberculosis Center in response to the CDC’s 1992 National Action Plan to Combat Multi Drug Resistant TB. In 2005 GTBI became one of 5 CDC funded Regional Training and Medical Consultation Centers. Comprehensive services are provided for patients for the treatment of tuberculosis. Case management is utilized to coordinate care and field representative’s conduct directly observed therapy for patients within the treatment community.
- Wellness Center
This program provides outpatient evaluation, individual/group therapy, and medication management to patients who suffer from various substance abuse and mental health issues. Areas of Treatment:
- Poly Substance Abuse Issues (Various Drug Addictions)
- Stimulants, Alcohol, Tobacco, Cannabis, OTC (Over the Counter), etc.
- Opioid Addiction (Heroin/Prescription Opioids)
- Buprenorphine medication assisted treatment will be provided to eligible patients.
- Co-occurring mental health disorders with a substance use disorder being the primary diagnosis.
Hours or Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Internal Medicine Walk in clinic Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Heart Failure Walk in clinic Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Infectious Disease Evening Hours 2nd Wednesday and each Thursday until 6:00 PM
Twenty four-hour answering service accessible to our patients, addressing urgent needs or any health related questions