UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL RATED ONE OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS IN STATE BY FORBES FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Employee Recognition Signals Hospital’s Continued Track Record of Success and Achievement
NEWARK, NJ — For the third consecutive year, University Hospital (UH), one of New Jersey’s original academic medical centers and the only NJ-certified Level 1 Trauma Center in Northern New Jersey as well as the principal affiliate of the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers by State for 2023. Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista to create this recognition through a survey of 70,000 employees nationwide. The 88 companies featured in New Jersey encompassed several industry sectors, including healthcare. Of the 72 acute care hospitals in New Jersey, University Hospital ranked 5th of the 12 health systems recognized on the list.
“We’re thrilled to have been ranked for the third consecutive year among the Forbes list of America’s Best Employers in New Jersey,” said Ed Jimenez, President and CEO of University Hospital. “This recognition is based on our own employee feedback, and we take pride in its reflection of the positive workplace culture and community bonds that all of us work hard to foster. Our incredible team works daily to bring their best efforts in service to our patients, community, and to each other.”
Participants evaluated their employers based on several factors, including working conditions, diversity, salary, development potential, and company image. Surveyed employees’ willingness to recommend their employers to friends and family also factored into the overall score.
This latest honor adds to several recognitions and achievements by University Hospital in 2023.
In recent months, UH:
- Was rated by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) as the national leader in three-year survival rates for liver transplant programs across the country. With an estimated three-year survival rate of 98.72%, the hospital’s Center for Advanced Liver Diseases and Transplantation edged out other skilled centers that perform at least 10 transplant procedures within 12 months, covering survival rates for transplant procedures performed from July 1, 2017-December 21, 2019.
- Received four awards from the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® and Get With The Guidelines® programs, which recognize hospitals that reduce barriers to prompt treatment for cardiovascular events. The AHA recognized University Hospital in the areas of heart failure, stroke care, type-2 diabetes, as well as Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Received a special milestone recognition by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). The award commemorates IAC Echocardiography accreditation for at least 10 consecutive years, demonstrating the Hospital’s long-term commitment to continuously improving patient outcomes and safety.
- Received the 2023 Outstanding Center for Physical Therapy Clinical Education Award from the New York New Jersey Physical Therapy Clinical Education Consortium. The prestigious award recognizes excellence in clinical education, celebrating University Hospital’s dedication to fostering the future classes of medical professionals. The New York New Jersey Physical Therapy Clinical Education Consortium is renowned for its role in promoting excellence in clinical education within the healthcare industry.
- Received recognition from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) for its maternity care practices. The hospital’s Maternal Child Health Program received a score of 98 out of 100 on the CDC’s 2022 Maternity Practices in Infant Nutrition and Care Survey and was one of nine New Jersey hospital recipients of the IBCLC’s Care Award.
Earlier this year, University Hospital unveiled its highly anticipated draft Master Plan, which outlines a vision of a renewed and expanded hospital that will address the driving issues of the present while establishing an actionable plan for the next several decades. The ultimate vision aligns with core principles based on the hospital’s enduring commitment to the Newark Agreements of 1968. With the guidance of a Master Plan, and in partnership with Rutgers NJMS, University Hospital has the potential to become a national model for public health and a premier regional resource for advanced services across many medical specialties.
# # #
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 140 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, custom marketing programs and 32 licensed local editions in 71 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.
About University Hospital
University Hospital is one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers and is the only New Jersey certified Level 1 Trauma Center for Northern New Jersey. University Hospital is the principal teaching affiliate of the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. Together Rutgers and UH focus on taking exceptional care of patients, training the next generation, and advancing science to discovery. The hospital is located in University Heights along with the Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences Center which includes Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Rutgers New Jersey Dental School, and Rutgers School of Nursing. For more information about University Hospital, please visit www.uhnj.org.
# # #