The Office of Labor Relations supports the University Hospital’s missions by advancing collegial relations between staff and management. Human talent is a vital University Hospital resource and its goal to become an Employer of Choice is designed to retain the brightest and best. Managing relationships is central to accomplishing this effort. With this in mind, the Office of Labor Relations is committed to serving staff & management and employs a focused, dedicated professional staff with responsibility for:
- Negotiating fair collective bargaining agreements with seven separate employee unions.
- Providing sound advice with respect to interpretation and application of University policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of personnel policies.
- Providing guidance with respect to disciplinary matters.
- Administering the grievance process.
- Managing Labor-Management meetings on a hospital-wide basis with diverse unions.