Teen Program Overview
Thank you for your interest in becoming a teen volunteer at University Hospital!
As a volunteer you will be able to help others, meet new people and learn different skills. We are sure you will find the experience both valuable and rewarding.
Our program is designed to train volunteers and instill in them the true meaning of volunteerism.
To participate in the Teen Volunteer Program you must:
- Be 16 or 17 years old and entering grades 10 through 12.
- Commit to a minimum of 50 hours and 3 to 5 consecutive months of service, regardless of lesser requirements from schools or churches. Follow-up paperwork, reports of hours, letters of completion or references will be sent only after these minimum requirements have been met.
- Take a 2-step screening skin test for tuberculosis. The medical form must be taken to your doctor. It is attached at the end of the application packet.
- Must attend a volunteer orientation session. You will be invited to the orientation only after we have received your completed application packet. You will be required to RSVP and attend the orientation prior to starting your community service unless otherwise notified.
- Adhere to the dress code with includes slacks or skirts, sneakers and the UH volunteer jacket. The jackets are available from the volunteer office on your first day.
I look forward to meeting you individually and finding a rewarding position for you at University Hospital.
Please call the Volunteer Services Department at (973)972-4064 if you would like to request an application packet or if you have any questions.