|Stanley S. Bergen
65 Bergen Street
Newark, NJ 07103
||New Jersey Medical School
185 So. Orange Avenue
Newark, NJ 07103
The campus is easily accessible from major highways or mass transportation.
For a PDF version of the campus map, click here.
Directions to CTC Offices
Directions to Newark CTC Classrooms
Directions to UMDNJ Newark Campus
Directions to New Jersey Medical School
Click here to download a pdf. version of the map
From New Jersey Turnpike, North or South:
From the Garden State Parkway, North or South:
Parking on the Newark Campus:
Take the first left after W. Market St. for the
University's Administration Complex, low biege buildings, and metered parking
in Lot 9.
Proceed straight on Bergen St. across 12th Ave. to parking for other UMDNJ
schools and units. Turn left about 500 feet beyond 12th Ave.; bear left for
self-parking in DOC parking garage (hourly rates), bear right for valet parking
at entrance to University Hospital.
Or continue straight on Bergen St. to the traffic light at South Orange Ave.
Turn left and at the first light, turn left into the University complex and
metered parking in Lot 1.
From Route 78, East or West:
Take Exit 56, Clinton Ave., and turn left at the
second light (W. BigelowSt.). Go about three-tenths mile mile and turn
right onto Bergen St. proceed about one-and-a-half miles miles to South
For metered parking in Lot 1, turn right on South Orange Ave., and take first
left into the University Complex.
For valet parking or the Doctors Office Center parking garage, continue straight
on Bergen St., University Hospital is on the right.
Proceed past the hospital and turn right at the Doctors Office Center sign.
Bear left for self-parking in garage (hourly rates); bear right for valet parking
at entrance to the hospital.
For parking near the Administration Complex continue straight on Bergen St.
across 12th Ave. and take the first right into parking Lot 9 for metered parking.
From New York City:
- PATH and Amtrak rail lines and New Jersey Transit buses and trains serve
Penn Station in downtown Newark, about a mile from the UMDNJ campus. The
#21, #31 and #34 buses stop at the campus. Buildings closest to those routes
are: #31 (4,5,11,13); #34 (2,3,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) #21 (1,2,3). Taxi service
is available to and from Penn Station and Newark International Airport.
Shuttle Schedules for Faculty/Staff/Students
Directions to New Brunswick/Piscataway CTC Classrooms
Directions to New brunswick/Piscataway Classrooms
Directions to the UMDNJ-UBHC/Technical Assistance Center
151 Centennial Avenue, Piscataway, NJ 08854
PLEASE ALLOW YOURSELF ADEQUATE TRAVEL TIME. TRAFFIC IS VERY HEAVY ALONG ALL MAJOR ROADS IN THIS AREA DURING RUSH HOUR.
From the South:
- Take the New Jersey Turnpike (Exit 10) or Garden State Parkway North (Exit 127) to Route 287 North
- Take Route 287 North to Exit # 8 - Possumtown Road/Highland Park/Middlesex
- Bear RIGHT at the end to the exit ramp onto Possumtown Road
- Then turn RIGHT at the next traffic light onto Centennial Avenue
- Make a RIGHT at the THIRD traffic light on Centennial Avenue. You will see a sign for Embassy Suites.The building you pass before the light on your right side is 151 Centennial Avenue
- Go to the STOP sign, make a RIGHT. The building to your right is 151 Centennial Avenue. It is a white, one-story building.
Park at the far end of the lot. Enter the front doors and follow the signs to the training room
From the North:
- Take the New Jersey Turnpike or the Garden State Parkway South to Route 287 North. Take 287 North to Exit # 8 - Possumtown Road/ Highland Park/Middlesex. Follow directions for From the South above
From the East:
- Take Route 18 North through New Brunswick and follow signs on the Lynch Bridge to continue on Route 18 - River Road in Piscataway.
- You will pass a Quick Check, River Road Tavern and a Coastal Gas station located at the traffic light at the intersection of River Road and Plainfield Avenue
- Shortly after this light and before the next traffic light, bear RIGHT onto Centennial Avenue
- Get in the left lane and make a left at the FIRST traffic light. You will also see a sign for Embassy Suites
- Go to the STOP sign, make a RIGHT. The building to your right is 151 Centennial Avenue. Park at the far end of the lot. It is a white, one-story building. Enter the front doors and follow the signs to the training room
From the West:
- Take Route 78 East to Exit 29 for Route 287 South.
- From Route 287 South, take Exit 9 and turn right onto River Road.
- Stay in the far right lane and take the jug handle to the traffic light. (You cannot turn left onto Centennial Avenue directly from River Road). Once at the light you will be facing Centennial Avenue.
- After going straight through the light, get in the left lane and make a left at the FIRST traffic light. You will also see a sign for Embassy Suites
- Go to the STOP sign, make a RIGHT. The building to your right is 151 Centennial Avenue. Park at the far end of the lot. It is a white, one-story building. Enter the front doors.