The protection of our patients, staff and the community we serve is our highest priority. Due to the unprecedented threat of COVID-19 transmission, we have temporarily restricted visitation to our facilities.
No visitors will be permitted in most patient areas except under the following limited exceptions (subject to change):
- Emergency Department: 1 visitor
- Labor & Delivery, including Postpartum: 1 visitor
- Pediatrics: 1 visitor
- Ambulatory Care Center & Same Day Surgery Center: 1 visitor
- Palliative Care: 1 visitor
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: 2 parents or support persons
- Disabled patients will be permitted to bring a designated support person during their hospitalization, consistent with NJ Department of Health guidelines.
Visitors who meet these exceptions:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Will be screened for flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If a person presents with any of these symptoms, they will not be granted access at the sole discretion of University Hospital
Generally, no visitors are allowed at University Hospital at this time, with very limited exceptions.
No visitiors below the age of 18.
No visitors with a fever or cough.
Visiting Hours will end no later than 8pm.
Patients undergoing screening for or with a laboratory-confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 are not permitted to have visitors.
Medically-necessary procedures and testing will continue and will be ordered at the physician’s discretion.
To further protect our patients and staff, and reduce or eliminate non-urgent activities:
- All elective surgical procedures at University Hospital will be cancelled and rescheduled when time and circumstances permit. At that time and on an ongoing basis, this policy will be reassessed based on the status of the pandemic.
- Educational events, classes and workshops have been temporarily suspended.
University Hospital will screen everyone, including staff, before they are granted access to the hospital. Screening will include general health questions and a temperature check.
Entrance may be denied based on any of the following symptoms:
- Fever > 100.4
- New cough
- New shortness of breath
- New muscle aches
- Throat pain
To enforce this procedure, entrance to the hospital will be limited. The following entrances remain open to staff:
- EMS entrance - 24 hours
- Main walk-in entrance - 6 AM to Midnight
- ED walk in entrance - 24 hours
- B- Level tunnel UH side - 6 AM to Midnight
- C- Level Dental Clinic - 6 AM to Midnight
- UH Cafeteria and NJMS Door - 6 AM to Midnight